Iran’s Women Two Years after the Uprising
Interview with Mahboubeh Abbasgholizadeh
- What is the status of female political prisoners in Iran?
- On what grounds have female political prisoners been arrested?
- Women were at the forefront of the 2009 demonstrations that produced the Green Movement. What is the current status of the women’s movement two years later?
- Have the women’s rights campaigns changed since two years ago?
- What is the status of the One Million Signatures Campaign, which seeks to collect one million signatures to change discriminatory laws against women in Iran?
The Islamists Are Coming
The Islamists Are Coming, edited by Robin Wright, surveys the rise of Islamist groups in the wake of the Arab Spring. Often lumped together, the more than 50 Islamist parties with millions of followers now constitute a whole new spectrum—separate from either militants or secular parties. They will shape the new order in the world’s most volatile region more than any other political bloc. Yet they have diverse goals and different constituencies. Sometimes they are even rivals.
05/19/2013 - 23:54
05/15/2013 - 11:12
05/13/2013 - 14:10
05/13/2013 - 12:00
05/13/2013 - 11:19