On May 18, Iran’s foreign ministry announced new sanctions on nine American individuals and firms in response to the latest U.S. sanctions. On May 17, the U.S. Treasury had blacklisted three individuals and four entities for supporting Iran’s ballistic missile program. "Iran condemns America's unacceptable ill will in its effort to undermine the positive outcome of Tehran's commitment to implement the nuclear deal by adding individuals to its list of unilateral and illegal sanctions," said Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi in response. He argued that missile development was not limited by the terms of the nuclear deal. "Iran will continue its missile program forcefully...as planned," he said.
The ministry also updated its list of sanctioned American individuals and firms directly or indirectly involved in Israeli human rights abuses, supporting terrorism or working against the national security interests of Iran. In March 2017, Iran had sanctioned 15 American companies for similar reasons. The following is the updated list released by the foreign ministry as reported by Iranian state media.
1. Huntington Ingalls Industries: For participating in development of Sa’ar 5-class corvettes used by the Zionist regime in war crimes against the oppressed Palestinian people and Lebanon.
2. Booz Allen Hamilton: Security contractors affiliated with the CIA, active in the Middle East. The company is in charge of collecting data against Iranian organizations and conducting security operations against the Islamic Republic.
3. Horacio D.Rozanski: Booz Allen Hamilton CEO
4. KingFisher Systems: Founded in 2005, the company provides security services, mostly on cyberspace, to the US government and intelligence agencies. One of its operations was monitoring Iran’s naval moves.
5. Roy L. Reed, Jr: KingFisher Systems CEO
6. DynCorp International: This security company has replaced Blackwater in Yemen under a $3bn contract.
7. McAlester Army Ammunition Plant: This company provides a part of US Army’s heavy weapons arsenal, participating in America’s destructive moves against international peace, stability and security.
8. The BIRD Foundation: supports joint investment with Israeli and American companies in hi-tech industries benefiting the Zionist regime.
9. The BSF Foundation: A joint science foundation that has helped promote cooperation in science and technology between Israeli and American companies.
10. BENI Tal
12. ITT Corporation
13. Re/Max Real Estate
14. Oshkosh Corporation
15. Magnum Research Inc
16. Kahr Arms
17. M7 Aerospace
18. Military Armament Corporation
19. Lewis Machine and Tool Company
20. Daniel Defense
21. Bushmaster Firearms International
22. O.F. Mossberg & Sons
23. H-S Precision, Inc.
Items 10-23 had been included in the sanctions list attached to a statement issued on February 3, 2017.